Over the 33 years that City Limits has been issuing dispatches from New York City’s neighborhoods on issues of affordable housing, welfare, foster care, public health and more, certain stories seem to repeat themselves. The struggles of one year often echo another, and true change can be hard to discern.
One thing is about to change unmistakably and irrevocably, however: Our website.
We’re excited about remodeling our web presence to look more appealing and feel more user-friendly. We’ve been working to craft a site that showcases the social policy coverage our loyal readers expect, while adding features to broaden the City Limits community.
What would you like to see our website become? If you’ve got ideas, tell us.
Here are some of the changes you’ll see popping on CityLimits.org this fall:
- A sleeker homepage
- News updated every weekday
- Pages that break out news, photojournalism, jobs and events by borough, neighborhood, and topic area
- An expanded marketplace to include a broad array of non-profit and real estate postings along with our ever-popular job listings
- City Limits Investigates online features
- A growing array of interactive and multimedia features
- Amped-up, fine-tuned search functions
We’re sure you’re going to enjoy the new City Limits. Growth takes time, so bear with us as we build. And be sure to tell us how you’d like to see the website continue to fill a unique niche in New York City.