Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Thursday, May 11 at 9:30 a.m.: The City Council’s committee on Civil and Human Rights will vote on a bill to prohibit discrimination on the basis of a person’s height or weight in employment, housing, and public accommodations. More here.
- Thursday, May 11 at 12 p.m.: Tenants living in buildings that are part of the city’s longtime Tenant Interim Lease (TIL) program will rally near City Hall, calling for the city allocate funding for them to finally purchase their homes. More here.
- Thursday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m.: Tenants and Neighbors and NYS Homes & Community Renewal Deputy Commissioner Woody Pascal will host a workshop on how rent regulated tenants can file for rent reductions in lieu of decreased services or needed repairs. More here.
- Friday, May 12 at 10 a.m.: The City Council’s committee on Housing and Buildings will hold a hearing on the Department of Housing, Preservation and Development’s and the Department of Buildings’ budget. More here.
- Tuesday, May 16 at 6 p.m.: The Department of Housing, Preservation and Development will host a virtual tenant resource fair with information on how to apply for affordable housing lotteries, rent protection programs and more. More here.
- Wednesday, May 17 to Thursday, May 18, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.: House New York, in partnership with the New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH) will host the 24th Annual New York State Affordable Housing Conference. More here.