City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Thursday, Feb. 23 at 10 a.m.: NYCHA will hold its monthly board meeting. More here.
- Thursday, Feb. 23 at 12 p.m: The New Economy Project will rally in front of City Hall in support of Community Land Act legislation, including a bill that would give nonprofits the first chance to purchase city-owned property. More here.
- Thursday, Feb. 23 at 1 p.m: The City Council’s Committee on Housing and Buildings will meet on a package of social housing legislation. More here.
- Thursday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m.: BRIC TV and The City will host a panel discussion with experts and leaders entitled “Healing with Housing: Decriminalizing the Unhoused & Mentally Ill.” More here.
- Friday, Feb. 24 at 5:30 p.m.: The Northwest Bronx Community & Clergy Coalition will host its annual “Our Bronx, Our Armory” meeting around the future of the Kingsbridge Armory. RSVP required. More here.
- Monday, Feb. 27 at 10 a.m.: The City Council’s Committee on Housing and Buildings will hold an oversight hearing on Department of Buildings’ enforcement of qualifications for gas line work. More here.
- Monday, Feb. 27 at 1 p.m.: The City Planning Commission will hold a public review session. More here.
- Monday, Feb. 27 at 6 p.m.: Pratt, City Council Member Crystal Hudson’s office and BRIC Media will host “Investing in Black Brooklyn: From Colonization to Gentrification in District 35.” Attendees must RSVP. More here.
- Wednesday, March 1 at 10 a.m.: The City Planning Commission will hold a public meeting. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon: The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week.