City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 9:30 a.m.: The city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission will hold a public hearing on a number of applications. More here.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s Subcommittee on Zoning and Franchises will meet to discuss an application related to special parking permits for 213-227 W. 28t St. More here.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 1 p.m.: The NYC Council’s Committee on Housing and Buildings will hold an oversight hearing on Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and how to legalize the city’s basement apartments. More here.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 4 p.m.: Gotham Center for New York City History will host on online discussion about the history of cooperative housing in New York City featuring urban historian Robert Fogelson. More here.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m.: Fifth Avenue Committee will hold online information sessions on how seniors can apply to the organization’s new affordable housing development in Sunset Park. More here.
- Thursday, Jan. 26 at 10 a.m.: The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) will host its monthly board meeting on the 5th Floor of 90 Church St. and streamed online. More here.