City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email email@example.com.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
Sunday, Dec. 25 at 11.a.m: The Doe Fund and formerly homeless families will gather in Washington Square Park for an annual candlelight memorial in honor of “Mama” Doe, the homeless woman whose death led to the creation of The Doe Fund. More here.
Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Brooklyn Public Library is holding Brooklyn Supports at Bushwick Library in which their social work program will assist the public with housing and food assistance referrals. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week.
- 30-75 32nd Street Apartments, Astoria, for households earning $85,712 to $156,130
- 571 Ocean Pkwy, Brooklyn, for households earning $81,429 to $156,130
- 150 Bayard Street Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $47,520 to $187,330
- Brook Avenue Apartments, The Bronx, for households earning $16,183 to $165,500
- 2733 E 12th St Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $69,086 to $187,330