City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Wednesday, Aug. 17 at 6 to 8 p.m.: The Right to Counsel NYC Coalition and Churches United For Fair Housing will host a workshop on defending against eviction. [More Here]
- Thursday, Aug. 18 at 10 to 6 p.m.: The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) in partnership with NYC Council Member Alexa Aviles is organizing an outreach van in Brooklyn where residents can learn more about HPD, applying for affordable housing, tenant rights and responsibilities, filing a housing complaint and more. [More Here]
- Thursday, Aug. 18 at 6 p.m.: Tenants and Neighbors will host a housing-focused forum featuring the candidates currently running for elected office in upper Manhattan, including for State Senate Districts 30 and 31, and Congressional District 13. [More Here]
- Monday, Aug. 22 at 1 to 3 p.m.: The City Planning Commission will meet to discuss land use applications. Join through the videoconference or by phone. [More Here]
- Wednesday, Aug. 24 at 10 a.m.: The City Planning Commission is holding a public meeting to vote on various projects. [More Here]
- The NYC Continuum of Care is currently accepting new project applications for funding consideration through the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s annual CoC Program Notice of Funding Opportunity. The NYC CoC is accepting applications for Permanent Supportive Housing and Rapid Re-housing projects. New project applications must be submitted by Aug. 23 at 5 p.m. [More Here]
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week:
- 912 Broadway Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $85,680 to $187,330.
- Williamsbridge Gardens, Bronx, for households earning $0 to $132,400.
- 328 21st Street Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $78,000 to $156,130.
- 1709 Park Place, Brooklyn, for households earning $62,572 to$156,130.
- 310 Grand Concourse Apartments, Bronx, households earning $56,983 to $115,280.