Communications Coordinator Job Description
Full Time Position, Reports to the Director of Communications
About the Communications Coordinator
Her Justice seeks a Communications Coordinator to help build the Her Justice brand, raise its visibility and broaden reach among target audiences through internal and external communications. The Communications Coordinator will support the work of the Development & Communications department, with primary responsibility for developing external communications and achieving brand and message consistency. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications and collaborates with others in the organization, specifically development, to help ensure the smooth and successful execution of events.
- Create and manage a content system to feed internal and external communications needs; including client story bank
- Research and contribute to communications vehicles, including email blasts, eNewsletters, Annual Report, monthly email signatures
- Assist in developing event marketing campaigns
- Support donor communications and development of corporate sponsorship decks
- Generate and manage organization-wide communications calendar
- Contribute to overall communications strategy
- Build and manage a photo database
- Take photos at events
- Upload and edit photos
- Manage social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and You Tube – others TBD, including:
- Create social media calendars
- Manage accounts and post daily to all platforms
- Research new social media opportunities and trends
- Generate analytics, engagement, track and analyze data and produce reports on platform activity
- Contribute to strategy development
- Research and develop media lists using commercial databases (Cision, Meltwater)
- Draft communications to media, including news releases, alerts, pitches, twitter posts
- Update Her Justice website with event information and reports, new campaigns, photos etc.
- Create graphics for social media, flyers, website and other marketing opportunities with various software: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Create and implement events communications schedule in tandem with Director of Events
- Provide general administrative support for all event-related activities
- Prepare and participate in events as an on-site staff member
- Video and editing capabilities ideal
- Additional projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or public relations preferred with at least three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, positively and accurately
- Solid research skills
- Superior writing and oral communications skills
- Social media proficiency, execution and measurement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and media databases (Cision, Meltwater)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective at tracking and managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines
- Motivated to work as part of a team
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Interested in professional growth
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) plan and liberal paid time off policy.
Application: Email cover letter and resume to Commsjobs@herjustice.org with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls, please.
Her Justice is an equal opportunity employer.
About Her Justice
Since 1993, Her Justice has ensured that women receive critical legal services that help them achieve safety, self-sufficiency and stability. We offer a full range of free legal services—information, advice, brief services and full representation—in family, divorce and immigration matters to address the urgent needs of low-income women and their children, especially those who have suffered domestic violence and immigrants isolated by language and culture.