Housing and land use-related events taking place in the week ahead, as well as affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, where we round up housing and land use-related events taking place in the week ahead, as well as affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Thursday, June 15 at 5 p.m.: The NYC Rent Guidelines Board will hold a public hearing at Brooklyn’s St. Francis College to gather feedback on annual rent guidelines for tenants in stabilized apartments. More here.
- Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday, June 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Point Source Youth will host the 7th National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness at NYU’s Kimmel Center. More here.
- Tuesday, June 20, 6 to 8 p.m.: The city’s Dept. of Housing, Preservation and Development (HPD) and tax prep nonprofit Ariva will host this info session for tenants on savings, credit, debt management, and budgeting for housing. More here.
- Wednesday, June 21, at 10 a.m.: The City Council’s immigration and general welfare committees will hold a joint oversight hearing on the city’s response to sheltering asylum seekers. More here.
- Wednesday, June 21, at 2 p.m.: HUD’s New York Regional Office will host “The Hope of Homeownership,” where HUD Region II Regional Administrator Alicka Ampry-Samuel will provide HUD updates and resources for homebuyers. More here.
- Wednesday, June 21, at 7 p.m.: The NYC Rent Guidelines Board will hold a final vote on allowable rent adjustments for tenants in stabilized apartments. Read more about what’s being considered this year. Find more info about the public vote, to be held at Hunter College’s assembly hall, here.