City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email email@example.com.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 6 p.m.: IMPACCT Brookyln will host a virtual workshop on understanding the city’s Housing Connect apartment lottery process. More here.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m.: Community groups and elected officials will hold a virtual town hall to rally for community land trusts (CLTs) and passage of the Community Land Act. Register here.
- Thursday, Jan. 26 at 10 a.m.: NYCHA will hold its monthly board meeting. More here.
- Saturday, Jan. 28 at 10 a.m.: The city’s Department of Housing, Preservation and Development (HPD) will host a hiring fair for housing inspectors. More here.
- Monday, Jan. 30 at 1 p.m.: The City Planning Commission will hold a review session. More here.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s public housing committee will hold an oversight hearing about vacancies in NYCHA properties. More here.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 10 a.m.: The City Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on a number of land use applications. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon:
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week.
- The Jackson, Queens, for households earning between $74,435 – $187,330.
- 576 Lenox Road Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning between $72,000 – $187,330
- Melrose North Apartments, Bronx, for households earning up to $132,400
- 108 Downing Street, Brooklyn, for households earning between $38,160 – $172,920