City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email email@example.com.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Thursday, March 2 at 6:30 p.m.: El Puente in Brooklyn will hold a town hall discussion on Good Cause Eviction legislation under consideration in Albany, with State Sen. Julia Salazar and Assemblymember Emily Gallagher. More here.
- Friday, March 3 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council will hold an oversight hearing on city contracts for services for asylum seekers. More here.
- Tuesday, March 7 at 6 p.m.: The Department of Housing, Preservation and Development will host an online session on how to navigate the city’s affordable housing lottery application system, NYC Housing Connect. More here.
- Wednesday, March 8 at 7 p.m.: State Sen. Liz Krueger’s office will host an online webinar called “Get It Fixed: Know Your Rights To Get Repairs In Rent Regulated Apartments.” More here.
- Wednesday and Thursday March 8-9: The New York Build 2023 Expo, dubbed “the largest construction and design show for New York and the Tri-state area,” will take place at the Javits Center. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon: The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week.
- 260 Gold Street Apartments (Waitlist), Brooklyn, for households earning between $76,835 – $215,150.