City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email email@example.com.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Thursday, April 13 at 9:30 a.m.: The NYC Rent Guidelines Board will hold a public meeting about its 2023 Income and Affordability Study, to be held at the David N. Dinkins Municipal Buildings, 1 Centre St., 9th Floor, Manhattan. The live stream can be accessed here.
- Thursday, April 13 at 6 p.m.: Asian Americans for Equality will host a housing workshop in Spanish focused on leases. More here.
- Thursday, April 13 at 6 p.m.: Manhattan’s Community Board 5 is expected to vote on a recommendation on Madison Square Garden’s application for a new permit. More here.
- Friday, April 14 at 7 a.m.: Assembly Member Linda Rosenthal will host a Senior Citizen and Disability Rent Increase Exemption clinic with the New York City Department of Finance at her office on 230 West 72nd St., Suite 2F. Contact her office at 212-873-6368 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Sunday, April 16 at 2 p.m.: The NYC Housing Preservation & Development will hold a workshop and community open house regarding ideas and draft recommendations on the future of Atlantic Avenue along with elected officials. More here.
- Tuesday, April 18 at 9:30 a.m.: NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission will hold a public meeting. More here.
- Monday, April 17 at 6 p.m.: Harlem City Councilmember Kristin Richardson Jordan will hold a “State of the District on Housing” address. More here.
- Wednesday, April 19 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s Committee on General Welfare jointly with the Committee on Aging and Subcommittee will hold a hearing on senior centers and food insecurity. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon: The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) are closing lotteries on the following subsidized buildings over the next week.
- The Lyric, Manhattan, for households earning between $101,486 – $187,330
- 4435 White Plain Road Apartments, Bronx, for households earning between $68,572 – $187,330
- 82 4th Avenue Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning between $107,178 – $156,130
- 3029 and 3031 Bronxwood Avenue, Bronx, for households earning between $74,229 – $156,130