The Fortune Society, one of the nation’s most respected nonprofit organizations offering services to formerly incarcerated men and women, will host its 2017 Spring Benefit on April 17, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City Winery in Soho, New York. The benefit celebrates the power of theater and media to transform lives and is part of Fortune’s year-long 50th anniversary celebration. Fundraising from the event will support Fortune’s vast array of services that help their clients lead successful lives after involvement with the criminal justice system.
Neil Barsky and Richard Feldman will be honored for raising awareness around criminal justice issues through media and the arts. Barsky is the founder and chairman of The Marshall Project, a non-profit journalism enterprise that covers the American system of criminal justice. Through The Marshall Project, Barsky has brought much needed attention to issues directly affecting the men and women that Fortune serves, and has driven the national conversation about criminal justice reform.
Feldman, a former Deputy Bureau Chief of the New York State Attorney General’s office, is president of the SHS Foundation which provides grants to nonprofit organizations with a focus on education and the arts. Through grants from the SHS Foundation, Fortune has been to support a robust creative and performing arts program that plays an integral role to helping Fortune clients thrive after experiences with the criminal justice system.
Guests of the benefit will be treated to a special presentation of The Castle, an off-Broadway play directed by Fortune Society Founder David Rothenberg that premiered in 2008. The Castle tells the real-life story of four Fortune clients and their inspiring journeys from prison to life today as successful, tax-paying citizens.
Tickets for the benefit start at $150.00. Numerous sponsorship opportunities are available, including ‘electronic journal’ ads that will be displayed front and center at City Winery on 105″ x 60″ screens.
6:00 p.m. – Doors open
6:15 p.m. – The Castle Performance and Award Ceremony
7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Cocktail Reception
To purchase tickets: https://fortunesociety.org/springbenefit2017/
• Reformer Table — $10,000: Includes up to ten (10) VIP benefit tickets with priority reserved seating; premier recognition in the benefit program and from the podium, and a full screen ad in the electronic journal
• Leader Table — $5,000: includes up to eight (8) VIP benefit tickets with priority reserved seating, recognition in the benefit program, and a full screen ad in the electronic journal
• Partner Table — $2,500: Includes up to five (5) VIP benefit tickets with priority reserved seating, recognition in the benefit program, and a half screen ad in the electronic journal
• Advocate Ticket — $250: Includes open seating for one (1) and cocktail reception
• Friend Ticket — $150: Includes open seating for one (1) and cocktail reception
*The Fortune Society is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All contributions, including journal ads, are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. The non-deductible portion of each ticket is $75.