Please join Chinatown Partnership, East Midtown Partnership, Madison Avenue Business Improvement District and SUNY’s Confucius Institute for Business (CIB) and new partner for 2017, Grand Central Partnership, for the second annual Lunar New Year Celebration: Madison Street to Madison Ave!
The celebration will kick off at 11:00am inside the Harman Store at 527 Madison Avenue (at East 54th Street) with opening remarks from partners and special guests, followed by a range of spectacular cultural performances including:
• The New York Eastern Chamber Orchestra Conducted by Fei Fang;
• FJ Music, who combine traditional Chinese music with modern-day hits;
• Umbrella Juggler Lina Liu;
• A traditional Chinese marionettes puppet show from Chinese Theatre Works;
• A thrilling Martial Art performance from American Tai Chi and Health Qigong Center that will depict the evolving role of martial arts in human history.
Just outside The Harman Store, attendees can also enjoy a range of fun and FREE kid-friendly activities inside heated tents, including Chinese face painting, calligraphy, paper-cutting, and a themed photo booth.
From 1:00pm to 3:00pm, a Lion Dance troupe will also make its way along Madison Avenue from East 42nd Street to East 86th Street on a specially decorated trolley, stopping at select luxury retailers offering Lunar New Year promotions to commemorate the Year of the Rooster, including BCBG MAXAZRIA, Coach, David Yurman, De Beers, Eileen Fisher, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, Stuart Weitzman, Tory Burch and Vacheron Constantin.