Next Saturday, September 19, the Hester Street Fair heads south of the Mason Dixon when it kicks off the Fall season with an authentic SEC (Southeastern Conference) Tailgate!
We are calling all SEC football fans (or just tailgate fans in general) to the lower east side, for a traditional southern affair – and if you went to school in the South, you know it’s a completely different ballgame, no pun intended.
There will be flat screen TV’s, mimosas, beer, cider, BBQ, corn hole, beer pong, picnic blankets, koozies and more! Join us in your favorite team jersey, and pull up a spot in front of the flat screens for the kickoff between LSU and Auburn, coming to us live from Baton Rouge. It’s Tigers vs. Tigers (Aubie vs. Mike) for this matchup and it’s game on!
Date: Saturday, September 19th, 2015
Time: Begins at 11AM, game starts at 3:30PM, goes until the game is over
Location: Hester Street (at Essex Street), Lower East Side
Details: Hester Fair is hosting an SEC Southern Football Tailgate with special sweet and savory southern food vendors and viewing of the the LSU vs. Auburn game which will be playing on three flat screen TV’s. Vendors include:
• Georgia’s Eastside BBQ who will be bringing their smoker, along with: Beer braised smoked hot dogs w/ assorted relishes, Oak smoked pulled pork sandwiches and Southern Sangria
• Booqoo Beignets, traditional New Orleans beignets, with Booqoo Beignet’s caramel sauces, flavored with Praline, Chicory Coffee and Creole Vanilla
• Deviant Chef, Brisket Bulgogi, Kalua Pork, Curry Chicken, Miso Burger, Aloha Burger and Kung Pao Burger
• Saucey Sauce, Chicken Wings in Saucey Sauce marinates
• The Skinny Bar who is supplying the beer! Including Abita in NOLA fashion
• The Queen’s Kickshaw is bringing Mac ’n Cheese with caramelized onions, gruyere, cheddar, smoked mozzarella; Gouda Grilled Cheese with pickled jalapeño, guava jam, black bean hummus; and beer, cider and mimosas
We will also have plenty of Abita Beer on-hand, including Abita Amber, Abita Light and Abita Purple Haze. In true tailgate style, there will be cornhole and beer pong tournaments throughout the day.