Since 2012, the BID, in partnership with General Assembly, has provided the neighborhood with a series of free tech education classes. This year, instructors from General Assembly and local institutions and businesses, including Baruch College Division of Continuing and Professional Studies, ThoughtMatter, and Touro Graduate School of Technology, will teach classes on the South Public Plaza from 6:30 to 7:30 PM.
The classes are as follows:
– Tuesday, June 20 – Content Marketing & SEO Strategies with Baruch College – Continuing and Professional Studies (RSVP)
– Tuesday, June 27 – Storytelling as a Branding Tool with ThoughtMatter (RSVP)
– Tuesday, July 4 – No Class! Enjoy your Fourth of July
– Tuesday, July 11 – Coding 101 with General Assembly* (RSVP)
– Tuesday, July 18 – UX Design 101 with General Assembly* (RSVP)
– Tuesday, July 25 – Digital Marketing 101 with General Assembly (RSVP)
– Tuesday, August 1 – Kickstart Your Project: The Basics with ThoughtMatter (RSVP)
– Tuesday, August 8 – Launch Your Website Idea! with Touro College Graduate School of Technology (RSVP)
*General Assembly asks participants to bring their own laptop to these classes.