Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Eco Fashion in the Park: Fashion Show and Clothing Swap Fun

August 2, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm

The dream of being able to walk over the High Bridge once again has moved toward realization. This summer, the bridge will be rehabilitated and reopened for pedestrians and bicyclists and #ecofashionnyc will be part of that historic event.

We are taking over the bridge and using it as our runway.

A Historic Event: ¼ of a mile long runway, never been done before, beautiful models will walk over the High Bridge. Designers slated to present are Iliana Quander from amparo 3, Bridget Artise from Born Again Vintage, Tom Sohung, Sarah Bacchus and Martin Polanco.

Clothing Swap Boutique: At the clothing swap we will have information on recycling and where to donate your unwanted clothes and shoes. Everyone in the community can come and swap their gently used clothing among each other in a posh and organized manner. A stylist and a tailor will be on site to help you restyle your new finds or old clothing that may need a little tweaking and beautifying. We will have a bin for unwanted clothing and shoes that it will be donated to wearable collection.

WHEN: Sunday, August 2nd, 2015, from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Clothing Drop Off will start at 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM, Green Carpet from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, then the Fashion Show will be around 3:30 PM, Clothing Swap starts at 5:00 PM.

WHERE: Highbridge Park. The bridge area. (Enter by 172st Amsterdam ave. and go down the trail towards the bridge.)

WHY: This one-of-a-kind fashion show will feature independent designers whose purpose is to inspire and create awareness around the issues of Eco-friendly fashion and how to empower its sustainability as a lifestyle. Reducing our carbon foot print one stitch at a time.

The U.S. EPA estimates that textile waste occupies nearly 5% of landfills space. 3.8 Billion pounds of post-consumer textile waste (PCTW) is recycle each year, that’s only 15%. That leaves 85% of textile in our landfills! If we start in a domestic level we can help keep textile going into our landfills.

Join #ecofashionnyc and make a difference!


August 2, 2015
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Event Category:


High Bridge Park (The Bridge Area)
Enter by 172st Amsterdam ave. and go down the trail towards the bridge.
New York, New York 10039

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *