On Saturday, April 28, kids ages 6 to 10 can experience the thrill of their first swim race in an Olympic-size pool and play outdoor soccer-based games—all for free—at Asphalt Green’s annual Big Swim Big Kick festival. Participants receive a medal, a t-shirt, and ice cream. The event will also feature dazzling exhibitions by Olympic divers and freestyle soccer pros, plus meet-and-greets with five-time Olympic swimming gold medalist Dana Vollmer, and University of Florida women’s head soccer coach Becky Burleigh. Register online now to reserve your child’s spot!
WHAT: Asphalt Green’s annual Big Swim Big Kick
WHERE: Asphalt Green’s Upper East Side campus – 1750 York Ave., New York, NY 10128
DATE: Saturday, April 28, 2018
TIME: 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
AGES: 6 to 10
Doors open at 11:00 AM. The diving exhibition starts at 11:30 AM; the swim races for kids start at 12:00 PM; and the freestyle soccer exhibition and family-friendly soccer-based games start at 2:00 PM.
Big Swim Big Kick festivities include family-friendly fundraising benefit to support Asphalt Green’s free community programs, which transform the lives of more than 50,000 New York City kids and seniors through sports and fitness each year. Benefit tickets are available for purchase online here, but attendance at the benefit is not required in order to participate in the free swim races and soccer games.
Important information for participants:
• Members of a competitive swim or soccer team are not eligible to participate in those portions of this event.
• All children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian, or they will not be allowed to participate.
• The swim meet will be held in an 8-lane, 25-yard, deep-water pool with lifeguard supervision on the pool deck.
• Swimmers must bring their own swimsuit, towel, goggles and lock for a locker.
• Parents/guardians are not permitted on the pool deck or locker room.
• Soccer events will be held on Asphalt Green’s athletic field, supervised by Asphalt Green staff members and volunteers.
• Soccer athletes must come dressed in athletic clothes and sneakers.
• Spectators can watch the swim meet from the stadium seats located on the second floor of the AquaCenter. The soccer festival can be viewed from designated viewing areas on the field.