City Limits offers a limited number of Associate Board positions for New York City residents under 30 years old who are interested in being ambassadors for independent, investigative, local journalism by bringing expertise that supports and expands the mission:
City Limits uses investigative journalism through the prism of New York City to investigate urban problems, examine their causes, explore solutions, and equip communities to take action.
Associate Board members serve a one year term that can be renewed annually based on performance. The Associate Board meets approximately six times a year, and working committees include: Fundraising, Engagement, Marketing, and Events.
As part of the board, you’ll have the opportunity to join the editors for brown bag lunches a few times a year, get early access to ticketed programs, and receive special invites to events curated especially for this group.
Associate Board members are expected to:
• Read and advocate for City Limits; be knowledgeable about the product and the
communities it serves.
• Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in Associate Board and committee
• Make City Limits a top priority for your charitable giving.
• Attend and support the annual benefit.
• Be available for consultation, and be willing to use your expertise at a level that
will enhance the organization.
• Attend Associate Board social and volunteer events whenever possible.