Position Location: Brooklyn, NY
About the Position
Do you love helping other people get organized, set and stick to smart workplans, and navigate complicated, competing priorities? Are you oriented towards problem solving and finding a smart path forward? Are you skilled at managing your own time effectively, and helping others do the same? Do you love juggling a variety of tasks and types of work, without letting anything drop? Do you care about helping immigrants, communities of color, low-wage workers and other constituencies win tangible improvements in their lives?
We’re seeking a full-time Senior Executive Assistant committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle complex competing priorities with a portfolio including schedule management, records and reports, liaison work with key allies and partners, gatekeeping, and presentation preparation.
This position will work closely with a range of individuals within and outside of the organization to coordinate projects and initiatives. He or she must demonstrate effective and efficient project management, and must be capable of exercising initiative, discretion and good judgment. Strong writing skills, professionalism and confidentiality are crucial to this role. As the assistant to the Co-Executive Directors, the Senior Executive Assistant is the behind-the-scenes key to helping ensure the strongest possible leadership.
This position will report to CPD’s Director of Operations & HR. We offer a generous salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
About CPD + CPD Action
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 42 partner organizations in 30 states to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that offers an exciting opportunity to drive ambitious policy campaigns and partner with community-based organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the Co-Executive Directors’ time with a strong understanding of priorities, ability to serve as a gatekeeper to ensure his/her time is used for only the highest-value reasons, and support on preparation and follow up from meetings.
- Manage all administrative support for the Co-Executive Directors including travel support, logistical support, expense reimbursements, and timesheets.
- Support the CPD senior management team, including:
- Conducting research for meetings, public appearances, funding proposals, or other work;
- Supporting staff to prepare regular internal and external reports;
- Preparing necessary documents for meetings; and
- Tracking any follow-up.
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentation, and other duties of the executive office are carried out seamlessly
- Provide external relationship management support to enable the senior team to cultivate, facilitate and manage key relationships with allies, funders and elected officials.
- Prepare correspondence, reports/presentations, and assist with planning, research and other writing assignments for both internal and external audiences.
- Other duties as assigned including project management of special projects and initiatives.
In this role, organization, people skills, and writing ability are paramount.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to clearly communicate with the Co-Executive Directors and others in the organization is paramount; especially in fast-paced moments, you’ll need to be clear and ask for clarity in return.
- Top-notch organization skills. If the books on your bookshelf are in alphabetical order, your notes utilize colors with specific meanings, and you find long to-do lists energizing, we want to talk to you! There’s a lot to keep track of in this role, and nothing can fall through the cracks. Meeting deadlines is key.
- A sense of ownership. The Senior Executive Assistant allows our Co-Executive Directors to perform at the highest possible level. A successful candidate will be responsive but also proactive, addressing needs that our Executive Directors may not even be aware of. Importantly, you’re able to work calmly and intentionally under pressure.
- A commitment to confidentiality. In this role, you’ll have a window into movement and organizational politics at the highest level – confidentiality is key.
- Strong writing and verbal skills. The ability to communicate information clearly is fundamental to this role. You will be asked to draft documents, edit others, and communicate with a variety of internal and outside stakeholders.
- Preferably 5-10 years in a high level administrative role in a not-for-profit organization. We will consider applicants who are new to the assistant role but demonstrate clear aptitude, as well as candidates who have extensive experience in providing this type of support.
Bonus qualifications, not required:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with Salesforce
We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible with a negotiable start date.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to https://cpd.hiringthing.com/job/36142/senior-executive-assistant/
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.