- documenting all participation of client meetings/sessions/contacts; maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date client charts (treatment plans, utilization reports, case notes, contact information, etc.) as per specifications under the 819 regulations of OASAS;
- meeting with clients on a 3x-weekly basis to discuss their treatment plan goals & objectives and outcomes, while supporting the dignity and independence of the clients;
- providing support, crisis intervention and monitoring program participants in their progress in every clinical area, including the development of safe social activities and associates, facilitating all weekly individual counseling sessions, and assigned group counseling sessions and seminars;
- reviewing the rules and regulations of the program in individual sessions to ensure that the program client knows and understands the purpose of ARC and the rules and regulations that govern ARC;
- coordinating both internal services (e.g. vocational, financial) and external services outside the facility (e.g. medical follow-up) services for the clients;
- must be able to communicate the goals and outcomes for the clients in an effective manner;
- facilitate individual, family and group sessions as above and also as necessary
The Primary Counselor must also perform all other tasks as deemed necessary at the direction of supervisor or Clinical Director to facilitate the treatment plan for participants.
Education/Certification: CASAC with BA preferred
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Counselor" in the subject. No Calls Please.