REQUIREMENTS: Degree in Human Services or Business Development
SKILLS: Public speaking, management, organizational and leadership skills. Knowledge of mentoring programs and community organizations in NYC. Experience working with volunteers. Flexible time and willingness to travel within the 5 boroughs.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Associate Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach the Partnership Development Coordinator’s overall responsibility is to build and maintain strategic community partnerships to help with the overall growth of the organization. Specifically working closely with Volunteer Recruitment and Program staff to expand community partnerships with a focus on recruitment of mentors and mentee support.
- Recruit new community partners with a focus on intentional partnerships to help agency reach strategic goals.
- Act as agency liaison for all community partners
- Manage partnership database
- Plan recruitment events targeted toward volunteers and parents
- Develop marketing materials to recruit volunteers
- Build and maintain strategic partnership growth strategy for agency expansion and to recruit volunteers and mentees
- Mentor and Mentee alumni communications
- Work with Quality Assurance to identify areas of growth for organization and put in place partnership strategies to meet needs.
- Work with Volunteer Recruitment, Center for Excellence and Program to develop recruitment strategies for Mentor’s and Mentees in targeted communities
- Coordinate and attend community events which includes tablings and presentations at partner events including fairs, community board and neighborhood meetings
- Conduct volunteer orientation sessions
- Supervise agency Affinity groups, interns and other staff where needed
- Other duties as Assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Partnership Development Coordinator" in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed. EOE/AA Employer. No phone calls please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability with respect to employment opportunities. EO/AA Employer. No phone calls please.