Public Engagement Unit
The NYC Public Engagement Unit (PEU) is seeking an Operations Associate to help support the Unit’s growth so that we can achieve our goal of promoting and supporting PEU projects efficiently and effectively.
The Public Engagement Unit identifies and executes proactive strategies to connect more New Yorkers to key city services. Relying heavily on data analytics, new technologies, and large-scale outreach tactics, the unit identifies New Yorkers in need of assistance and helps them navigate and obtain city services.
The Public Engagement Unit uses data to identify demographics that likely want or need city services with a team of specialists who are trained to effectively engage New Yorkers and connect them with vital resources. The unit partners with partner agencies, elected officials, community groups, non-profit organizations, and service providers to engage directly with communities and subject matter experts in all five boroughs. In addition, the unit is frequently involved in citywide events, special projects in conjunction with multiple city agencies, and targeted days of action.
A dynamic and fast–paced office with multiple priorities and frequent special assignments, we seek talented staff dedicated to helping New Yorkers. Successful candidates should have at least one year of office management, administrative assistant or receptionist experience.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Associate’s primary responsibility is supporting administrative functions for the Public Engagement Unit. The Operations Associate will help support the following areas for the PEU: space/facilities, and some telecommunications and IT. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management of all administrative functions of the PEU office including:
- Ensure that office space is in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Assist Operations Manager to manage space: layout and maintenance of space, work with
facilities managers, custodial staff and others as needed.
- Work with HRA’s IT department to ensure that our office machines are in good condition,
and assist to resolve any problems relating to our printers/fax machines.
- Provide assistance on special projects to staff .
- Act as liaison with building operations, maintenance and custodial staff.
- Assist in coordinating deliveries and arranging pick up of materials from various vendors
including printed media, technology, and HR documentation.
- Route inquiries via telephone and email to the proper teams.
- Organize and re-stock office supplies and coordinating coverage of the front desk to great
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and other activities for the office staff as requested and
help organize meetings by reserving rooms.
- Assist with all administrative tasks and projects within the office.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to connect New Yorkers to services.
- 1 year of experience working in an office setting is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage people in conversation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills especially on the phone.
- Comfortable providing ongoing feedback and communication to managers.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and adapt to work assignments in a variety of situations and
ability to problem solve.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Salary Range: $35,683 - $48,000 (Annual)
New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please go to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov and search for Job ID #273630 to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
HRA/DSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.