The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Job Summary & Details:
Single Stop in close collaboration with the Robin Hood Foundation is seeking a full time campaign director to manage a two-year citywide campaign to connect eligible low income households to SNAP, WIC, EITC/CTC through a coalition of community based organizations, government agencies, media organizations, foundations and non-profit campaign organizations. The campaign director will report directly to Single Stop’s Regional Director and indirectly to Robin Hood’s Campaign Director. The overarching role of this position is to manage and strengthen an extensive citywide network of partners to ensure that ambitious campaign goals are successfully reached.
About Single Stop: Single Stop harnesses America’s most effective anti-poverty tools to create economic mobility for low-income families and individuals. Through a unique one-stop shop, Single Stop provides coordinated access to a safety net worth nearly $1 trillion and services provided by almost a million nonprofits—connecting people to the resources they need to attain higher education, obtain good jobs, and achieve financial stability. At over 100 sites across 9 states, Single Stop partners with organizations that serve low-income families to provide wraparound services and ensure their clients have access to all the major anti-poverty resources available.
About The Robin Hood Foundation: Robin Hood is New York's largest poverty-fighting organization, and since 1988 has focused on finding, funding and creating programs and schools that generate meaningful results for families in New York's poorest neighborhoods. Since its founding, Robin Hood has raised more than $2.5 billion in dollars, goods and services to provide hundreds of the most effective soup kitchens, homeless shelters, schools, job-training programs and other vital services that give New York’s neediest citizens the tools they need to build better lives.
- Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly collect, monitor, analyze, and report on operational and outcome data from Single Stop/RH grantees to the Robin Hood campaign director.
- Collaborate with Robin Hood campaign director to identify and solve problems affecting:
- Grassroots outreach
- Connecting eligible individuals with service providers
- Delivery of benefits enrollment / access across all benefits programs (i.e., SNAP, WIC, EITC)
- Collaboration with the New York City government agencies, including the Human Resources Administration (H.R.A.), the Department of Consumer Affairs (D.C.A.), and City’s Office of Operations
- Collection and reporting of data
- Implement process changes to improve campaign effectiveness and Regularly ensure outcome targets are met
- Discuss regular data reports with Campaign partners
Facilitate use of campaign technology for outreach, benefits screening, outcomes tracking and program reporting:
Ensure access to technology and training for community based organization outreach and enrollment partners
Coordinate adjustments to Single Stop technology to ensure effective use by all campaign
Coordinate City-wide and Neighborhood outreach and enrollment:
- Provide regular qualitative and quantitative analysis of activities and outcomes of individual campaign zones (targeted neighborhoods) and overall city-wide campaign efforts with campaign partners
- Coordinate and monitor outreach and enrollment providers to ensure efficient systems and successful enrollment in benefits and receipt of tax credits
- Monitor connections between campaign grantees and core Single Stop grantees to establish referral networks within and across target neighborhoods (‘hot zones’) as well as across the city.
- Coordinate, track and improve all program systems with campaign partners to ensure outcomes are met.
- Recommend and implement program design changes to strengthen outcomes with any and all campaign partners.
Mobile Enrollment strategy, coordination and deployment:
- Schedule and coordinate special benefits’ enrollment events in coordination with campaign community based enrollment partners.
- Train select campaign partner organizations to schedule and prepare clients for benefits enrollment. Monitor outcomes of the enrollment events, intervene to strengthen service delivery as needed.
- Monitor and report on Single Stop managed ACCESS NYC training for campaign engaged CBOs.
- Managerial Responsibilities:
- Position’s supervisory accountability: Individual Contributor
- People-management scope of the position (completed for positions that directly or indirectly manage or supervise others). Number of:
- Direct Reports: None
- Indirect Reports: None
- Key stakeholders this position is expected to internally and externally interact with:
New York City program team; Technology team; Contracts team
The Robin Hood Foundation; City of New York Departments, Community Based organizations across NYC.
- Travel Requirements: ☒ Yes ☒ No
If yes, the expected travel requirements of the position are listed below.
- Percent travel required: 1-10%
- No travel outside of New York City
- Physical Demands: ☐ Yes ☒ No
- Education/Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record in grass roots or field campaign organizing, coalition building, fiscal oversight and strategy implementation required.
Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills with experience managing outcome oriented strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse set of key stakeholders from government and non-profit sectors collaboratively.
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people.
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and communicating impact.
- Comfortable operating independently and in close coordination with supervisor and strategic partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 5 years working experience
- Keen attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy and quality of work.
- Technical experience with managing datasets, data analysis, and data visualization; familiarity with Excel / SASS / R
Organizational Competencies – Every Single Stop employee must be adept at the following:
- Commitment to, and passion for, the mission and values of Single Stop and the challenge of helping Single Stop support its rapid growth and achieve maximum impact.
- Adaptable / Flexible: Easily adapts to changing organization needs and work priorities.
- Persistent / Resilient: Is not easily deterred by or because of obstacles or challenges. Quickly recovers and remains strong and unaffected after something challenging occurs.
- Team Oriented / Collaborative: Interacts and engages effectively with colleagues within and across departments.
- Initiative / Motivated: Self-directed person who takes appropriate action to influence outcomes and / or drive progress and positive change. Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching their job.