Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC seeks service oriented Associate Program Managers (Case Managers) to join our proven evidenced-based, community-based mentoring program. Associate Program Managers are responsible for facilitating high quality, high impact relationships between mentor-mentee pairs. The ideal candidate has case management experience and is a dynamic communicator with a desire to learn more about how mentoring has the power to change lives. Responsibilities include supporting mentoring relationships between adult volunteers and youth; advising mentors, mentees and parents through on-going support and supervision; facilitating group activities that promote stronger mentoring relationships and support youth goal achievement; providing resources and referrals to youth, volunteers, and parents; and conducting intake interviews and assessments of youth applying to the program.
- Supervise a caseload of clients and volunteers to achieve mutually successful mentoring experiences.
- Provide on-going in person and phone supervision and support to mentors, mentees and parents.
- Maintain professional records of all supervision contacts. Monitor closely for safety, program compliance, goal achievement and program satisfaction; immediately address and resolve issues that may arise.
- Regularly evaluate youth clients based on agency guidelines and specific program goals to assess outcomes.
- Lead educational and recreational group activities and/or special projects for mentoring pairs and parents based on emerging needs.
- Act as advocate for youth and families including information and referral, crisis intervention, and short term counseling.
- Conduct client and parent psychosocial interviews, write assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Conduct outreach presentations to external community agencies for appropriate client referrals.
- Identify and communicate qualitative and quantitative success within the organization.
- Perform other agency and program related duties as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: 2 years’ experience working with youth preferred; case management experience preferred
- Commitment to helping children achieve success in life
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups
- Ability to provide effective interviewing, assessment and case management skills
- Ability to comply with applicable child safety requirements
- Ability to promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful mentoring environment that embraces diversity
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage caseloads and effectively work with clients
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Multiple positions available: Bilingual skills a plus in Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include "Associate Program Manager-Community Mentoring" in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.