The Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development (ANHD), a member-led association of neighborhood-based affordable housing and equitable economic development groups and one of NYC’s leading housing advocacy organizations, seeks a Research & Policy Associate.
The Research & Policy Associate will contribute to ANHD’s housing research, data analysis, and policy analysis that aim to increase affordability, end displacement, and expand local economic opportunity for NYC’s low- and moderate-income communities. The Associate will support the collection, analysis, and interpret data pertaining to NYC housing displacement, affordable housing and economic development, specifically for data for ANHD’s Displacement Alert Project, https://www.dapmapnyc.org/ . The ideal candidate will have experience and comfort working with data and data systems; will be able to link data and analysis to policy implications, will be detail-oriented, organized, a strategic thinker, and able to independently manage multiple priorities and deadlines; and will be committed to using data to empower communities to achieve affordability and equity for their communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Research & Policy Associate will:
- Conduct regular data imports, including formatting and/or compiling data from multiple data sources.
- Set up and regularly maintain database system including snapshot in time and time lapse systems.
- Develop and implement ongoing data quality assurance processes to ensure the data is complete and accurate when entered into database.
- Address questions, technical issues and other DAP support needs as they arise
- Work closely with ANHD’s grassroots organizations and advocacy campaigns to expand and/or refine the data, indicators, reports, and analysis as needed.
- Prepare training and communication materials and conduct training workshops for users and stakeholders.
- Write research and policy briefs and reports.
- Develop quarterly data snapshots with design team; conduct data analysis as requested by partner organizations; and potentially develop a data dashboard.
- Build and maintain relationships and regular communications with community and housing stakeholders. Coordinate with other organizations working to end displacement
- Work closely with all ANHD staff to ensure our policy development is well integrated into our broader advocacy and neighborhood organizing efforts.
- Proactively identify and investigate new governmental initiatives, on-the-ground-issues, and research projects that advance ANHD’s mission.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in data analysis and/or policy advocacy, including experience related to affordable housing.
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis experience in MS Excel and SPSS or STATA is required.
- Commitment to New York City’s neighborhoods and respect for community organizing and grassroots organizations.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexible, pro-active and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with and interest in NYC, NYS and federal housing issues.Salary depending on experience. Good benefits. ANHD is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and policy report writing sample to:
Barika Williams, Deputy Director, ANHD