Website Long Island Wins
JOB OPENING: Online Editor
Position: Online Editor
Organization: Long Island Wins
Long Island Wins is a non-profit communications organization focusing on immigration issues on Long Island and beyond.
The online editor coordinates and produces content for a website devoted to immigration news. The online editor will have knowledge of/interest in Long Island-based immigration/social justice issues, strong English-language writing/editing/reporting skills, knowledge of html, content-management systems, social media fluency, overall multimedia skills (shoot/edit video, audio, photos) and project management. He/she will also manage a bench of freelance reporters and bloggers. The online editor reports to the executive director.
- Oversee website content and management.
- Write, edit and proofread web content
- Post photos, videos, live streaming.
- Recruit and manage a diverse bench of freelance reporters and bloggers.
- Create, curate and promote published content using social media.
- Fluency in social media applications; knowledge of Google analytics.
- Manage press outreach for organization’s events and breaking news.
- Excellent investigative reporting, writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and photo storytelling and multimedia editing.
- Ability to travel on Long Island, including a reliable car and valid drivers license.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Professional experience in journalism or communications.
- Spanish-language skills a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of immigration issues.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive with other non-profits and includes health, dental and vision benefits.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three published print or video samples with at least one print sample to email@example.com.