NYC Kids Rise
The NYC Child Savings Account Program aims to make college more accessible for New York City public school students by providing a mechanism for growing college savings, opportunities for financial support and education, and promoting college readiness. The three primary goals of the NYC Child Savings Account Program are: 1) To support and foster an expectation of college attendance and increase the number of low-income students going to college, 2) To ensure that children who enter participating NYC public schools at kindergarten graduate from a New York City public high school with a financial asset to be used toward post-secondary education, 3) To develop and encourage positive financial behaviors and lifelong habits of savings through culturally appropriate and relevant financial education and experience with financial products and concepts. The NYC Child Savings Account Program is managed by NYC Kids RISE, a newly formed non-profit organization, working closely with New York City and the NYC Department of Education.
NYC Kids RISE will launch the New York City Child Savings Account Initiative in New York City School District 30 in Fall 2017. (School District 30 encompasses Astoria, Ditmars, East Elmhurst, Hunter’s Point, Jackson Heights, Long Island City, Sunnyside and Woodside)
Director of Administration & Operations
NYC Kids RISE, a newly formed not-for-profit organization, seeks an entrepreneurial, highly organized, project management, systems-thinking guru to serve as Director of Administration & Operations. This operational ninja will be a part of the founding leadership team and lead the project management, administration and operations for the NYC Child Savings Account program. Reporting to the NYC Kids RISE Executive Director and serving as part of the NYC Kids RISE leadership team, the Director’s work will fall into four core buckets: (1) Lead the overall project management of the NYC Child Savings Account Program – a highly complex effort that includes but is not limited to collaboration with three New York City agencies (CEO, DOITT, DCA), the New York City Department of Education, 35 local schools, financial empowerment partners, technology vendors, etc., (2) Oversee human resources, contracting and financial management for NYC Kids RISE team, (3) Develop and maintain internal systems and processes to advance the NYC Kids RISE mission and make sure NYC Kids RISE is a first class non-profit and an awesome place to work! (i.e. systems around communication, document management, project management, hiring, onboarding, etc.) and (4) Contribute to overall program design, strategy, development and implementation, and manage special projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Serve as project manager for overall program that includes ~15 evolving work streams ensuring program achieves key deliverables (make sure deadlines are being met, adjust project schedules as needed, ensure stakeholders are on top of deadlines and accountable when not met) to launch in Fall 2017, Determine most optimal and least cumbersome ways to organize work flows and engage key parties ensuring inclusivity, flexibility and progress, Ensure systems are in place to troubleshoot any issues that may arise;
2) Oversee administration functions including human resources (~6 FT employees), finance (work with accountant and auditor – manage cash flow analysis, budget preparation and projections) and facilities;
3) Develop and implement internal systems and processes around communication, fundraising, contact and document management, project management, hiring, onboarding, etc.;
4) Assist with codifying key processes and systems as initiative scales and identifying processes and systems that need to be codified proactively;
5) Foster positive and professional organizational culture;
6) Work with Executive Director to support the development of long-term sustainability and growth plan;
7) Support Executive Director in preparing for and managing Board of Directors;
8) Maintain global and detailed understanding of program to best innovate and troubleshoot;
9) Help manage key partnerships with government agencies and private partners.
• At least 7 years of project management experience with proven track record in complex project management and meeting project deliverables on time;
• Highly organized, attention to detail, good sense of judgment;
• Experience developing and maintaining human resources and/or financial systems preferred;
• Experience managing budgets, monitoring cash flows;
• Working with and/or in government and/or financial institution experience preferred;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent PowerPoint presentation skills;
• Track record in getting things done;
• Adaptable, flexible and efficient problem solver in fast paced settings;
• Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in public policy, business public administration, social work, communications, or related field preferred;
• Experience in a start-up setting preferred.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.