Website Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
We are a multi-service non-profit agency in Brooklyn, NY.
With community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing, and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community. Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is a not-for-profit community development organization, serving 8,000 individuals a year. CHLDC provides high quality housing counseling and development, economic development, community organizing and youth and family services programs. We are seeking an experienced and competent bilingual coordinator Financial Counselor, to take on the following responsibilities:
Position: Financial Literacy Counselor
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for one (1) full-time Financial Literacy Counselor in the Housing Counseling division. This is a salaried, 40 hour per week position.
- Provide one-on-one financial counseling/coaching to program participants. Assisting clients to define short and long term financial goals and creating action plans to overcome obstacles. Creating tailored action plans to address financial goals including: credit repair, building savings, improving money management skills, retirement investing, college savings accounts, homeownership and other complex financial matters.
- Work with clients to complete a very detailed financial assessment which includes: analyzing expenditures and creating personal budgets; access client’s credit report/score and offer strategies for credit building. Provide clients with strategies and tools for increasing net worth and documenting client’s growth by means of a balance sheet.
- Serve as a resource to clients offering support and fostering accountability to help clients achieve their goals.
- Understand other services offered by Cypress Hills LDC and connect clients to those services.
- Working in partnership to coordinate agency wide tax efforts.
- Track program outcomes; including testimonials and success stories of program participants. Use Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), a client management system to document and reflect the outcome of clients accurately and in a timely manner. Complete required reporting to funders.
- Conduct workshops as a means to outreach and education.
- Develop workshop materials specific to savings, banking products, credit building, identity theft and more.
- Develop relationships with local financial institutions and community organizations. Work with local financial institutions to understand the needs of the community so they can provide products and services that benefit the community.
- Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in related field preferred.
- At least 3 years experience working in communities.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications.
We also offer a very competitive benefits package.
Please forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Rene Arlain at email@example.com.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Policy Acknowledgment Form
I hereby acknowledge that I have received a copy of the Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation’s Job Responsibilities. By signing below I certify that I have read and understand Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation’s Job Responsibilities and will comply with these standards at all times.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Issued By: _________________________ Date