Website Alliance for Downtown New York
The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc. – New York’s largest Business Improvement District, serving an area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East River to West Street – provides service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District.
The Downtown Alliance seeks dynamic and creative destination marketing professional who understands the tourism and hospitality landscape, has a superior grasp of social media strategies and is comfortable with a variety of content creation mediums.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Marketing and working collaboratively with senior management, this position will serve as the lead staff for a variety of the Downtown Alliance’s marketing initiatives. Passions for food, hospitality, New York CIty and economic development will animate the successful candidate.
- Lead the organization’s place based and tourism marketing efforts for both B to B and B to C audiences
- Help grow the social media output of the Alliance. This includes our active Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts, recruit, organize and develop programs for social media influencers and build the organization’s content assets.
- Manage team meetings and planning sessions for marketing efforts
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Identify, prioritize and attend professional trade and travel shows to increase number of visitors to Lower Manhattan. Maintain and grow relationships with trade associations and tour operators to maximize appeal of Lower Manhattan as a primary destination in New York City.
- Event planning and volunteer management
- Assist in the preparation of hard copy, video and electronic collateral to effectively market and communicate the organization’s public initiatives to variety of constituencies.
- Work directly with the executive and creative staff, the public affairs department, and outside partners to formulate messages and hone branding and messaging.
Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar fields. At least 3 years of directly relevant experience.
Possess excellent writing skills and a proven track record of multimedia content creation. Experience in staff coordination, contract negotiation, budgeting and multiple project management desired. Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours nights, travel as needed to industry conferences and work occasional weekends in support of ADNY programs, events and promotions.
The Alliance for Downtown New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Downtown Alliance offers a supportive work environment and provides a generous benefits package that includes medical, disability and life insurance; MTA Metrocards or transit checks; and, paid leave and retirement benefits.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing
Alliance for Downtown New York
120 Broadway, Suite 3340, New York, NY 10271