Website Cypress Hills Local Development Corp
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for one (1) full-time Senior Project Manager for Affordable Housing in the Community Development division..
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Director of Community Development and will work closely with the other Community Development team members to:
- Manage all aspects of the predevelopment process;
- Collaborate with funders, architects, attorneys, environmental consultants, representatives of public agencies and contractors;
- Draft, revise, and regularly update development and operating budgets for affordable housing and economic development projects;
- Support Director in developing acquisition strategies
- Oversee design and construction process with architects, consultants and contractors;
- Handle ongoing monitoring, requisition and compliance of projects under construction;
- Identify new community development opportunities and funding sources, conduct feasibility analyses (including financial analyses) and prepare applications for funding;
- Research and report on affordable housing development strategies and best practices, including research and development of innovative real estate development partnership structures (private and non-profit collaborations)
- Write, draft and edit real estate development grant proposals and funding reports; develop relationships with potential affordable housing and real estate development funders
- Participate in cross-departmental projects;
- Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
o Advanced degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Real Estate or Finance preferred;
o Three to five years professional work experience, including project and/or construction management, housing and community development;
o At least 2 years experience working for in affordable housing development preferred;
o Experience with and knowledge of real estate finance;
o Solid knowledge of the construction process; familiarity with green building methods and materials important; property management experience a plus;
o Excellent communication (written and oral), and computer skills;
o Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to perform outreach to property owners, houses of worship and other neighborhood stakeholders;
o Commitment to affordable housing, community building and professional development;
o Self-starter willing to work as part of a team and participate in envisioning innovative community development initiatives;
o Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change
o Spanish-speaking a plus.
Reports directly to Stephanie Becker, Director of Community Development.
Dependent upon experience. We offer a very competitive benefits package.
Please forward cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Stephanie Becker, Director of Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reference check will be required prior to any job offers being made.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.